Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Black Magic with Watercolor Pencils

This technique calls for a white stamp on black paper and then watercolor pencils for the bright detail. Inspired by Wendy Weixler (SCS) in her tutorial "Black Magic."  I deliberately "stamped off" the black paper to control the size of the center section of the card.  Then I stamped in black  on a strip of paper lined it up, and punched the border where I wanted it  Stamping off added some interest to this design which wasn't as bright as Wendy's technique demonstrated.  The sentiment is from Close to My Heart stampset #1310 (Happiness).  The border is a Martha Stewart lace scalloped edge punch sponged with SU yo-yo yellow. The black mat on the base is embossed with Cuttlebug Musical Flourish EF.  I can't wait to try this one again.  It was fun, and I think I could get more dramatic results with a less detailed stamp.  






No comments:

Post a Comment