Sunday, January 25, 2015

Vellum and Valentines

This card was inspired by a technique tutorial by Sandi MacIver at  StampingandBlogging.com in her member's area.  For this card I used SU  DP from "Stacked with Love" the  SU Hearts stencil, Real red and Regal Rose inks, the SU embosslits Fashionable Hearts, and SU pearls.
The little lovebird is an EK Designs (Jolee) embelli.   The corners are edged with the scallop chomp-a-dile (and I don't like it left alone..I'm going to put a heart with the point forming the corner under all the corners to square it up and accent the "heart shape" that will be formed of the scallop cut.) The largest heart is cut from Sizzix 675561 Hearts (dieset smallest heart).  Changes I would make would be to watch the directionality of the teeny black and white hearts on the DP so that this card might be top, instead of side-folded.  My Love You sentiment is stamped on vellum from the Just  Right Fancy Sentiment stampset.  AGAIN---pay attention to what you do with the "do not discard" top for the Staz-On ink that you stamp on vellum.  I found that the inkpad needed to be reinked to get a tack sharp image, and since it hadn't been when I stamped this, I went over the sentiment with a black Sakura Glaze pen.  My vellum is tacked down with vellum tape, which is virtually invisible. There are no embellishments where that tape has been applied.   There are lots of possibilities to the "blushing stencil" design.  Thanks Sandi for the ideas.  It is for a card like this that I am SERIOUSLY considering working with Craft attitude printable film and some digital graphic sentiment lines  instead of stamping on vellum.  The printable film simply is "ironed on" or laminated into your base. 



1 comment:

  1. oh, it's lovely Priss, love all the little heart elements and that dove is delish!....thanks for the shout out, much appreciated

    ReplyDelete